Sunday, March 20, 2005

Loosing the Childhood Innocence

I was starting to loose the child in me. Journal writing became scarce, because I was neglecting to celebrate life on a daily basis. The fun was being replaced by the worries of the world and we all know how these can eat us up. The habitual existence, forced to do something for the sake of survival. The balance they say from being a dreamer and the reality of life. But how does one know what the right balance is? Can one really weigh one’s dreams against a scale?

The point when I wanted to give up on life, was that moment that I thought I had to give up all of my dreams that I felt my heart being gripped both figuratively and literally. For when dreams are taken out of one’s spirit then it is when the soul starts to wither. No longer does it hope for a future. The drum beat stops and we are left with no rhythm to follow. How then can one's spirit dance without its melody? Maybe the question should be why do permit that childhood innocence to be defeated by the complications that we bring into our lives? Only ourselves can permit the reactions to the situations that are thrown our way. We should not blame the circumstances for the state of our lives. We have to take control of our existence and not leave it in the mercy of the state of the world.

But why then do we replace friends with worrying. Rest with cramming. And somehow the magic of believing in the good dissipates and we are left with hopelessness.

What then should someone do to rise up from this quagmire? Can one bounce back from such a fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails