Monday, September 01, 2003

PURE SHORES

i set forth on that voyage with one thing in mind. to renew my exhausted soul. now that I look back, I got more than what i prayed for. the weather had tried to test my will, now I know it was a premonition. a sign that it would be a different weekend, one that would definitely have a special place in my life.

i taught me to rest...despite the energy that overwhelms me when i am in the island, i listened to my body this time. it has been deprived of sleep for so long. so that afternoon with the waves singing its lullabye, i closed my eyes and gave in. it was a night that I made peace with my body.

it taught me to believe in myself again...life is indeed like a wheel. there will always be a times that you have to deal with insecurity breakdowns. its part of going back to the middle. but that night at the beach brought people that just seem to gas up your self-esteem. it made me all the more say, its good to be home.

it taught me that attitude IS contagious...that sometimes things may not turn out the way we want them to, but we have to make the most of the situation. and though there is a default reaction to it, but still you kiss and make up! now i know that fun is not in the situation, but it is an attitude. it is you that makes a moment fun and exciting, that's when people are attracted to what you and your friends have.

it has taught me to enjoy the moment...totem poles in the water. trepassing on private property. pesto and vodka. hotdogs and wine. not the usual combinations, but it makes it even more memorable. and your left with pictures in your mind that you will keep in your heart's scrapbook. then once in a while our minds will suddenly play the slide show of the images and all you can do is smile. and in times when you're alone and moments flashes back, you can't help but say, i am blessed.

it taught me to be grateful for a new relationship...it's recognizing the value of new people in your life. it's appreciating them for the new perspective they give. ordinary things that seem to take a different shape because they made you look at it in a different angle. bugs, i hope that you enjoyed the weekend as much as I did. thank for the pesto and the music. again i raise my glass, to more escapades.

it taught me how important friendships are...i share the island with my soul sisters and though we were missing one i count my blessings. we made a different set of memories that weekend with two other people. a new set of footprints on the shores of a place i consider my sanctuary. it also renewed a bond with a person that forever will be a part of my life. my bestfriend and sister, that homecoming would be a fragment of our life puzzle that I will forever hold near my heart. you have held my hand through the times that i felt the waves over my head. the dolphins were our gift, i love you rache!


so with a renewed spirit and a rejuvenated soul, i am ready to the face the reality of life once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails