Saturday, May 31, 2008

This Year I Blew Out My Candles in Sabah



Location: Trekkers Lodge and Hunters, Sabah, Malaysia

30 May 2008

The plan was to cook, get everyone together, wait for the guides to get back from the rivers, makan (eat) together and just drink the night away in a karaoke!

The result was a night of eating alot of food! Some arak (alak ba), beer and kahlua mixed with icecream. There was a silly attitude in the air that kept everyone on a laughing high all night. After the makan...we went down to Hunters to sing and dance the night away. There was even the lucky surprise of our table winning the grand prize of an airasia ticket for KK-Clark-KK!!! What a way to end the night!!

A big hug and kiss will go to the employee of the year...my kak (elder sister) MARY for putting everything together. From the shopping, to the cooking, the calls and the sms in between Padas and Kiulu reservations. She just made sure that this day would be superduperextrastrenghtandacheery on top fantabulous for me. What did I do to deserve such a thing I do not know.

But equal to that for my Itay Joel for opening up Trekkers Lodge (despite making him a bit uncomfortable) and the fried chicken wings. To Francine, my adopted niece, for being the official photographer of the night (she's only eight but she did a great job this album are mostly her photos). To the Riverbug Family for my bday cake. For Titz and Roger that made the best halal lumpia ever....yes nalang oi! To Kuya Alex for the shopping coupon, the kahlua and just keeping it alive at Hunters. To Mami Lydia for that delicious Javanese delicacy that I seem to always forget what it's called. To Boy & Jess for running to Milimewa, the icecream and cooking the grabe-sarap-kakaiba-tuna-spaghetti. To my Kuya Mors, for being lambing-ed to buy ice and drinks. To the Sungai Pirates for the minum (drinks) and just simply being there. To my new big bro Kuya Dennis for that really beautiful song you wrote, its not everyday that people write a song for me and despite the laughter it was something that really made my day. And to the rest of the people that took time to make it what it was, you presence was the best gift I could ask for!

There were people that couldnt make it because of work, some went to Mantanani and some I just forgot to sms (sorry snoop, kuya petty and K)!

To those that couldnt be there for any reason....this is for you...*grins*

__________________
this post was written may 08
i had to transfer it from the other site.
must.keep.things.in.just.one.place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails