Monday, September 15, 2008

to a wife, from his friend


Dear Mrs. HisWife,

I met with your husband last night.

Please don’t think wicked of it. We only had a drink and it wasn't even alcoholic. Just a friendly catch up between friends was all it was. We animatedly talked about what has happened in a year. The sport , the people and trivial things. We also talked about where life has taken us.

And as I listened to him talk about his business heartaches and dreams I wanted to go up to you, stretch out my hand to show appreciation. This time he didn't leave you out of the conversation. He proudly told me about what you have been doing. The career change with a side note of how similar our jobs are now. Plus you wanting him home early every night, making sure he doesnt become a workaholic (he needs to be reminded every chance you get).

Thank you for slowly being part of his life. For being there during the moments that really matter to him. For taking the step to alter situations so that he can feel that someone supports him. Last night I felt that he finally feels that he has someone.

He is a great guy and I know that it is something that you also know. All he needs is for someone to tell him that every now and then. Things don't have to be serious all the time. Take time to act silly and let go of sophistication...you'll see how his eyes light up like that of a child.

His heart has been broken by business deals and some people he thought were friends. I dont want bitterness to be part of such a beautiful heart. I'm leaving soon and all he has is you.

Please continue being in the boat with him. He chose you to be his wife. I am only an emergency raft which exists in a parallel universe called friendship. I am aware that between our worlds are boundaries...I will respect that.



In good faith,


Your husband's # 1 friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails