Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Love Affair with Sabah

I am a Filipino by birth but a Sabahan by heart.

This relationship was started back in January of 2007 when a friend invited me to join a team that visited Kota Kinabalu, the capital city of Sabah.

Yes, it was love at first sight. but it didnt end at just seeing. I had to experience more, and in each visit peel away layer upon layer to uncover more of it's rich personality.

"He" is exquisite. With green treetops like curls on his head, clear watered beaches reflecting the blue in his eyes and the winding contours of it's river form his lips. The character of his face traced by the lines of the famous mountain and his bronzed skin reflecting the colors of the tribes that call him home. And in his soul, a culture that embraces unity in diversity with a heart for the simplicity of life. I have been enchanted by this land. And I want you to get to know my second home too...

I have written quite a few stories of my journeys and adventures. Tales of my love affair with Sabah. My way to share the giggles and escapades of a land not everyone knows about. May I encourage you to take the plunge as well, dive in and be mesmerized. Take a journey to a place they call Land Below the Wind.

And then maybe you too will fall in love...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails