Tuesday, June 16, 2009

am i willing to take a pay cut?

i bruise easily, so the song goes.
this one is true for me in many ways,
especially today.

i thought what they wanted to think over was the allowances.
so when I got the call,
i was expecting either yes or no regarding that.
but when they told me about the basic they were offering,
i felt a kick to the throat.
it was even lower than what my previous job was giving me.

i liked the company, and i wanted to join them.
but does that mean I'll take that much of a pay cut?
i wasn't asking for too much,
but what they wanted was way below industry standards.
like low, low, low, low!

this is why you need to have a plan B.
so that if plan A doesn't push through,
there's a net to catch you.
i don't have a plan B, not yet that is.

dear Lord, please let them reconsider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails