Monday, August 26, 2002

Twas a great weekend. The weather was great in Puerto Galera. It was as if the sun and clouds knew we were coming and they smiled down on us.

Jeanette went scuba diving and I went snorkeling off the reefs of Sabang. It was BEAUTIFUL! There were alot of fishes of all sizes and all the possible color combinations were there. In my delight I would dive down and try to follow the fishes that I forget I only had on a snorkel that I choke on sea water. I can be so dumb at times. There was even an instance I felt so stupid. After snorkelling I called for the boat to come and get me. Since I felt so tired I wanted to sleep while we wait for the divers, so lay down on the haul of the boat. But I guess my mind was too exhausted that I had my head lower than my feet naturally when I got up I felt so seasick...you know how that story ended huh? Oh well so I just sat up and actually wanted to jump and just be in the water- felt safer there.

While still waiting for Jeanette to surface, I saw four divers that wre preparing to descend to Sabang wreck. Their dive master told them that on the count of three they would all release the air in their vests in order to descend. One...twoo...three...I counted with them. I saw three of them go down in real time while this one diver still had his head poking out of the water. He started to look around and then as if trying to keep calm said "I'm not sinking!" It was hilarious...I couldnt stop laughing! When finally thought he had sucessfully sunk himself, I saw his blue fins sticking out of the water waving feriously....He was just upside down, he still could not sink. Ha ha ha ha!!!! It was a really good laugh.

We also discovered a really beautiful hotel. Its called the Tropicana Castle. Located in Sabang, its a fusion of medieval, spanish and Filipino Influences. I would really like to stay there. The pool area was so wonderful too. It had sun beaches all around and a relaxing waterfall at the far end of the area.

As a whole my weekend was great. There were alot of search and rescue in Sabang but I guess it just was not meant to be. Right Jean?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails