Tuesday, January 14, 2003

BELIEVING IN SIGNS

I believe in fate.
I believe in destiny.
I believe in the signs.


Why is it that there is a inclination for us to only trust and embrace the signs- that supposedly fate sends us- if they are in harmony with what we would like to happen? There is a tendency to sweep under the rug those that seem negative. Those that don’t go well with what we’ve planned to happen. Isn’t that cheating fate and destiny? Where is the belief in this so-called unseen forces that we have faith in?

Once again questions abound.

Signs have been popping up. A window has been opened by two other call centers. Recommended by two different individuals who have confidence in my capabilities. Note that these were unsolicited. These came from a person I have co-facilitated with, not even a friend. And someone I have only spoken through a message board. Not even knowing my current state of mind in my career, they have surfaced. Are they not valid signs?

Circumstances are pushing me to analyze objectively.

It can either be that I should stick to this career, that’s one. Or that I should move on, otherwise missing out on opportunities. I have been in the business for almost two years now. I have started from the bottom and have worked my way to my dream of being a trainer. That is itself is an occurrence to be considered. I have learned a multitude in my two years. Knowing there is more to learn, I stand my ground. Despite the burn out and the de-motivation, I continue to hold on. I have confidence in the company I currently work for. It’s a long way to go and there are a lot more to accomplish, but I feel empty.

There is that part of me that says; my work here is almost over. I have carried out my mission with them. But there is also that little voice that whispers, there is more…be patient. I have always been adventurous and a risk taker. But there was always that safety net I can rely on. I feel paralyzed. I cannot decide.

All I know though is that I want to be able to make a difference. To be able to bring new knowledge and an impact on a people I work with. Right now I feel I cannot give any new idea to GCS. My self-esteem is letting out a warning sign. Maxed-out is word I use. Maybe a change of atmosphere is needed.

Should I take the risk? Am I going against fate?

Great Spirit, I pray for clarity of mind. For wisdom in facing decisions that I know will have immense impact in my career…in my life…

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails