Monday, January 13, 2003

MY LOVE FOR LIFE

I ask myself why I am holding on to this job. Another thought process that has been brewing in my mind, surfacing every now and then.

My team has recently finished a teambuilding session. A lot was achieved in terms of rebuilding lost relationships and repairing the team spirit. And a part of me wanted so much to renew my commitment to the team. Yet a bigger part of me wanted so much to go for my dreams.

If I hold on to this job I may never be able to go down the path I’ve always wanted. Although this job gave me the opportunity to learn skills that I will need in my chosen career, yet I am in the wrong industry. Being in a call center will never give me the opportunity to hone my talents in theater or film. I know that staying will create an empty place in my soul. I love working with people, especially from different cultures GCS gives me the occasion to do so and yet I feel restricted. I want to be in the forefront, not hide behind the phone. I want something that is kinetic, that I am able to move about and not just sitting in front of the computer most of the time

I’ve always yearned for a job concerning training. I want to be able to help develop people. Make an impact in their lives by imparting what I know and equipping them with knowledge and the learnings that they need in order to be effective. I want to be able to make them realize that they are worth something in this world. I would like them to be capable of expressing themselves through art, movement, music and speech. I want them to believe that they can make a difference and an impact in others as well. I want to empower people. People that will love life and grasp the infinite possibilities to celebrate it each day.

I exist in this world saying Carpe Diem. I would like to challenge people to have that same passion towards life.

We don't not know how long we can live but we sure can make it worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails