Friday, May 23, 2003

A LOVE LETTER

to the one man that I will forever be grateful to.

You demonstrated unconditional love. If there was one man that showed me it was possible it’s you. Though everyday was a test of the limits of your patience, you stretched it if only to show me how much you truly cared. You understood and cared despite my stubbornness and immaturity. You saw me at my best and worst yet when you look at me you saw a woman capable of anything she dreamed of.

You taught me to appreciate simple things. Good things come in small packages, you believed in that. Giving me material possessions was not your style; instead you gave me wings and took me to places. Instead of buying me flowers, you took me to gardens where I was surrounded with all the flowers my mind can keep. When others were expecting me to act like a lady, you took pride in my individuality. You respected me for who I was then and who I can become. In some way you knew I would need to do things my way in order to learn, all that while you remained silent but present. Ready to catch me when I fall.

You showed me how to survive. It was a difficult world we both agreed. You knew that it could be more difficult for women. You helped me realize that being a woman is no excuse. We just needed to stand up for what we believed in. We could do it if we put heart and soul into everything we do. That’s how you survived as well. I know now that words can be worthless but actions are more reliable.

You gave me inspiration. That to live and lead a fulfilled life. When I showed you my poems you told me to write more. You bought me pastels when I started taking up a knack for drawing. You were there to give applause after every performance, and flowers when our indie film came out. And when I made wrong decisions, you gave me words of wisdom and still bailed me out.

You taught me how to love. A love for life. To experience giving oneself to the people that matter. A love that does not have boundaries. The same one you gave me.

People may have opinions of the connection that we have. We had our fights, times that we felt we couldn’t understand one another. Yet in the face of all those circumstances we had a lot of happy moments. The lunch dates that we took in McDonalds, the walks along the camp, trips to the mall, talks we had about anything and everything. Those are the times that we could always look back to when we feel alone. How I wish that we could do those once again. But circumstances change. There was a need for me to find who I really am. And though it was hard on you, you willingly gave me the space to seek out that independence. What more can a woman ask for?

You gave me life. It’s my turn to show my appreciation. To make you proud. To love someone the same way you loved me. Though I feel sad that we now lead separate paths. Know that I will always be praying for blessings. at this time that you are being tested for character, i know you will come out a stronger person with integrity. you are not alone, there are people that care and know who you really are. But then it was you who told me that things happen for a reason, all we had to have was faith and everything will make sense in the end.

Be strong now my dear soldier.

And keep in your heart that I will forever love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails