Saturday, March 01, 2003

what is romance?

hey guys i just wanted to share what a thai woman answered when asked what romance is...

romance is so hard to describe. and it depends on the person.
it's not the material possesions, a room full of flowers, dinner
under the moonlight, or even a 5 carat lucida cut diamond ring.

romance to me is telling my new boyfriend
that i think i'm pregnant and it's not his...
and he still stands by me and rocks me
to sleep in the midst of tears.

when telling him that we don't have "our" song yet.
and he later takes me to the park and
ask me to dance. no music. just the silence
of the night. and he holds me tight and tells me that this is 'our' song.

when explaining to him why i love a
particular painting. and the whole
time he just stares at me in such a
way that it makes me feel as if he's
touching me. sumthing almost like.
his eyes touching me. and at the end he just says, you're amazing. i love you.

the little things that matter. of all the places
we've been to together. he always picked
up a stone. kept it and used a marker to write the
place and the date where he got the stone from.
and he presents me with a little pouch. full of
stones from all the places we've been to. to
outsiders they are just stones. to me. they are moments.

to me. that is romance.

by teazor

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails