Tuesday, December 24, 2002

APPRECIATING MIRACLES

In some weird way I feel that there have been a lot of changes in my life. Not everything might be for the better, but the optimist in me says it is a step toward the big word- MATURITY.

Since I moved out of my parent’s house. There seems to have been something altered in my logical functions. I am currently a practical-analyzer. A very big way of saying--I think things through. Sometimes even to a level that I myself say is too much. But I find myself constantly trying to balance my act by weird outbursts of spontaneity. I would still try to have a lot of fun. Carpe diem as they say.

Living with two best friends helps a whole heap. They have brought out a lot in me. We are not perfect and yet we co-exist. We manage to understand how the same situations in life can have different reactions from different personalities of diverse family backgrounds. We may want to bite each other’s head of at times, knowing each ones default personality system makes it easier to take. We manage to live in harmony.

‘Tis now I look back and there is but one recurring miracle in my life, FRIENDSHIP.

I am blessed with people that may have walked in and out of my life but has managed to leave their mark and make me who I am today. To me they are crayons that made my life a very vibrant and dynamic one. Others have remained close while some though far away has been within me everyday in spirit. There are those that are “unexpected friends.” People that seem to be there at the right place and a very difficult time. They were like a soothing balm for my wounded heart, chicken soup for my soul and shoulder to cry on. What more can I ask for?


Others think that I trust too much or that I am an optimist. But what I stand on is my own little picket fence for what a friend is to me. There is no high wall for these people, no fool-proof test for their commitment. I have accepted that one thing constant in life- RISKS! I do not hate those that I once called my friends and yet they turn away and leave me in a confused state. I doubt too. I have questioned the essence of friendship so many times. But the only thing logical for me is that things happen for a reason. They were made to cross my path to teach me a lesson no textbook can. That to me is what life is. A constant learning through experience made deeper by time. It will eventually turn out good. Why? I don’t know, it’s a mystery.

In another online journal, a woman described herself as...I am drama. I concur.



My Abba, you are the source for all of these. I may have often caused you frustrations and yet you have always helped me understand why life is how it is. You have been a guide and my anchor when it gets very stormy. Thank you for my friends. Bless them lavishly. May they feel the heartfelt appreciation, though sometimes not vocalized, but is very much felt. May they sense how much I love them

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails