Thursday, February 27, 2003

There will always be something of our parents that exists in us. I am more of daddy’s little girl. Free-spirited. Easily excited. An explorer. Finds treasure in simple things. Awed by the splendor of nature. He finds happiness and a certain fulfillment in little things and simple displays of sincere friendships. I never really understood how he survived the strict structure of a military career. Now I do, its that challenge of achieving a dream you’ve held on to since childhood. I have that much of my father’s character in me.

Yet I am also like my mother. An attention seeker yet is driven to achieve. Never wanting to be alone, she puts pressure on herself to be the best. Friendship to her is quality over quantity. She is a fighter. A woman with the softest heart needing the hardest of shells.

They may not have been perfect. But raising three children is no joke. I wish I could have given them more appreciative words instead of witty rebellious statements. As I continue on my own journey, I will always have courage in me. In the same way my parent’s fought the years and gained wisdom. I too shall survive to tell my own children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails